Kruger Park, Swaziland & KwaZulu Natal Tours
Imagine being transported from South Africa’s natural crown jewel (aka the Kruger) to the coast where the warm Indian Ocean stretches out to the horizon? Well, with our Kruger, Swazi and KZN Tour, you needn’t imagine any longer.
Did you know that South Africa boasts several wildlife gems? And on this tour (you can choose between 6, 7 or 8 days), you’ll not only get to experience some of them, but also the rich culture that Swaziland has to offer.
From Bush to Beach
Just picture several days of game drives, boat cruises and mountainous views ... if you decide to go on our Kruger, Swazi and KZN Tour, that's exactly what you'll get to enjoy. Want to know what’s on the itinerary? We’ve got a breakdown of it.
Gauteng to Kruger National Park
- We normally leave Johannesburg between 06:00 and 08:30 to allow for various collection points. The shuttle/transfer is an additional cost. As for the route … think a drive through the scenic wide open spaces of the Highveld, down the escarpment and through the lovely Lowveld area! To appease those rumbling tummies, we also stop for lunch en-route (own expense) and reach the camp in the afternoon.
- After settling into your accommodations, you’ll get to jump straight into your exciting safari experience with our first game drive. To allow you enjoy a truly memorable safari, we conduct all our game drives in specially-adapted 4x4 open vehicles.
- After this, you’ll have some free time, which you could use to explore the camp, catch up on the sleep you missed in the morning, or peruse the park shop for souvenirs for the family, yummy food items, and even stuff like international adapters.
- Then, it’s onto an appetising dinner. Enjoy a delicious three-course meal, served al fresco at our camp. (Dinner included)
- As the golden sun rises over our final day in the Kruger National Park, we have one last chance to find the animals that have eluded us thus far. We then enjoy breakfast en-route to our next exciting destination - the landlocked Kingdom of the Swazis.
- You’ll get to admire the view and observe the variation in landscape as we move into a more mountainous region. We also stop for lunch en-route (own expense).
- In the evening, you’ll get to spend the night in one of the Swaziland Royal National Parks, where all the animals belong to the king. Your guide will also prepare dinner under the stars and the evening is spent sharing travel stories around the fire. (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- Today, we enjoy a later start! After breakfast, we depart for KwaZulu Natal through ever-changing landscapes, and stop for lunch en-route (own expense) to the Hilltop Camp at Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve. It’s actually been made famous for its breeding program of both black and white rhino, something that brought these magnificent creatures back from the brink of extinction!
- We then enjoy an afternoon game drive, searching for wildlife in our closed vehicle (with our guide). After this, we’ll enjoy a scrumptious dinner at our camp.
- This day is incredibly special as it is filled with fascinating wildlife! We’ll do a morning drive in our closed vehicle with our guide. Besides the Big 5, you can expect to see animals like bush buck and nyala as well as many interesting bird species.
- That afternoon or early evening, you’ll do a sunset drive in an open 4x4 vehicle with a KZN guide, which gives you the perfect opportunity to perhaps see some of the species you haven’t seen out and about. (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- After a game drive in a closed vehicle with our guide, we continue to South Africa’s first World Heritage Site - the iSimangaliso Wetland Park.
- Upon arrival at St Lucia, we join a two-hour Hippo and Crocodile Boat Cruise on the St Lucia Estuary. Many crocodiles, hippos and birds make the estuary their home and you’ll have ample photographic opportunities (so be sure to bring your camera along!).
- After lunch at one of the restaurants in the village (own expense), we continue along to the Dolphin Coast. Accommodation here is in rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- We then enjoy dinner with the sound of waves crashing in the background. (Breakfast and Dinner included)
- After breakfast, you will have time to go for a walk along the beach or to enjoy a swim in the warm Indian Ocean. We will then stop en-route to King Shaka International Airport to enjoy lunch (own expense), and are expected to arrive around 16:00. (Breakfast included)
• Professional drivers/guides (FGASA registered – Field Guides Association of Southern Africa)
• Meals as specified per itinerary
• All game drives as specified in itinerary
• Hippo & Crocodile Cruise on St Lucia Estuary
• KZN Parks night drive
• All entry fees and daily conservation levies
• Accommodation in en-suite chalets
• Bottled water during the day in the Kruger National Park
• Wine with dinner in the Kruger National Park
• Meals not specified in itinerary
• Guests are welcome to bring their own drinks to dinner, which can be purchased at the Park’s shop
• Extra activities
• Items of a personal nature
• Visas for Swaziland – please ensure that you have enough blank pages in your passport
• Pick-up and drop off in Johannesburg/Pretoria South
It is important to note that this is not a private safari and more than likely there will be other guests joining you on the safari.
Please note that night drive times are subject to change and availability on the day. These drives are conducted by KZN Parks, by one of their rangers and in one of their vehicles. Children under 3 years of age are not allowed on KZN Parks’ open game drive vehicles.
Guests flying out of King Shaka Airport on the last day are reminded to not book any flights earlier than 17:00 in order to give us enough time to get you to the airport. We recommend that you rather stay over in Durban if possible. Since we cannot guarantee our arrival time in Durban on the last day we will not be held responsible for reimbursements of flight tickets, should we arrive later than expected.
Although we welcome children on our safaris, we reserve the right not to allow younger children on our normal game drives. This will be entirely up to the guide’s discretion and will be in order to ensure a pleasurable game drive for all our guests (including the parents). Should this be the case, a bush bumble (kiddies game drive) will be conducted after the normal game drive, especially for the kids. We do not offer babysitting and as such one of the parents will have to stay behind to watch the children. Private game drives for families can be arranged at an extra charge.
All passport and visa requirements are the guests’ responsibility. Should your passport and visas not be in order, we will assist with arrangements in any way possible to allow you to join us again on our return to South Africa, but any such arrangements will be for your own account.